COVID-19 Updated 23/04/2020
Are we still open?
Yes! Both our clinics are still open. However you might notice our available hours being different from usual. This may be subject to further change.
On 23 March 2020 the Federal Minister for Health, The Hon Greg Hunt: The Australian Minister for Health confirmed that ALL allied health businesses can continue working and are encouraged to do so. (https://australian.physio/apa-advocacy-during-covid-19)
Is it still safe to come in for physio? Yes!
We are implementing some extra precautions to reduce the risk to our staff and patients, making it as safe as possible. These will stay as part of our normal procedures until the Coronavirus threat abates.
- All of our physios have been required to participate in a COVID-19 Infection Control Training module organized by the Department of Health and Aspen Medical.
- Stricter hand hygiene policies at work to reduce spread of the virus.
- Regular wiping down of hard surfaces to reduce contamination
- Any patients or staff showing any signs of cough or fever are required to stay at home.
- Masks are available for staff or patients to wear
- Patients can choose to wait outside the medical centre after arriving for their appointment (if they choose) and be called in when the physio is ready.
We request that if you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 to please stay at home and reschedule your appointment. If necessary, contact your local GP.
It is very important at this stage that we take all precautions to slow and stop the spread of the coronavirus.
If you are unsure or have any concerns, you can always contact us!
What else is happening?
We are also looking at other options to provide essential physiotherapy services for those who need treatment during these difficult times. Home visits and telehealth options are available. We are almost ready to start rolling out a series of educational resources such as:
– Videos on home based exercise
– A guide on how to setup your work environment
– Tips on how to maintain your sanity during social distancing.
Watch this space for more details and updates.
For more info on COVID-19, here are some links:https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alerthttps://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Pages/coronavirus-faqs.aspxhttps://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19